Mulberry Bayswater Review 2022 – Is It Worth It?
I recently read that the Mulberry Bayswater will be celebrating its 20th anniversary next year. So in light of this classic’s imminent 20th birthday, I thought it was time to do a Mulberry Bayswater Review.
My Bayswater is over 6 years old now. I bought it back in 2016 at Heathrow Airport when we were on our way to Amsterdam. At the time it was still under the £1,000 mark (around £850 I think) and I think this bag offers great bang for your buck compared to some of the other luxury designers out there. The current price is £1,095.
Mulberry Bayswater pros
In terms of pros of this bag, I think the Mulberry Bayswater has a lot going for it, including:
- Lots of room to carry all your work essentials (including a MacBook) and more
- A classic style that works in different scenarios, especially during the day
- Gorgeous pebbled leather that’s easy to weatherproof and clean. This is very important to me during the miserable British winter
- A more affordable price point for a luxury bag of this size compared to other luxury brands
- Mulberry Bayswater bags come in a fantastic range of colours. And they often have a good range of colours available in the designer outlets
Mulberry Bayswater cons
However, no bag is perfect, and some of the cons for me are:
- The weight. This bag is HEAVY, even when it isn’t full
- The strap drop is a little bit too short for me to wear on my shoulder (I’m just over 5 ft 8 in)
- There is quite a bit of wear and tear on the corners, although I could go and get this repaired by Mulberry and I have previously used this bag a lot!
- Most of the Mulberry Bayswater colour options include gold hardware. Personally, I now prefer silver hardware on my bags so I’d love to see some more options for silver hardware
Overally, the Mulberry Bayswater is a great, iconic, British bag that I think every bag lover should have in their collection. It’s classic so will stand the test of time and always looks classy with any outfit.
Even though my bag is now over 6 years old, they currently have a very similar colour available to purchase online:
You can also watch my more in-depth review on YouTube, where I elaborate more on some of the points above and show you close ups of my Mulberry Bayswater: